I have been a lover of doughnuts since the very first time I had one at Poole Harbour when I was a youngster. Fluffy and covered in sugar I was sold from that moment on. However, there are so many different variations of doughnuts these days and you simply do not need a big fryer to make them anymore because baked are just as delicious. These baked Olive Oil and Homemade Jam Thyme Infused Doughnuts are just the moistest and so easy to make that you’ll be making them again and again and again.
To make these doughnuts I use the 12 Cup Swirl Ring Tin from Lakeland.
Olive Oil and Homemade Jam Thyme Infused Doughnuts
- A ring madeleine tray (lakeland)
- 1 Duck Egg
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 70 ml Olive Oil
- 80 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 tsp Homemade Jam The recipe for this is on the blog
- 1/3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 Dash of Water to thicken if needed
- Thyme Leaves
- 2 tbsp Jam
- Turn your oven on to 180• and spray coconut oil or your choice of oil/butter into the rings and leave to the side.
- In a large bowl mix your egg with your sugar until light, creamy and very fluffy (about 5 minutes) then add in your olive oil, sieved flour, baking powder and vanilla extract and stir until lovely and creamy.
- At this point add in the jam and mix until fully combined. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes and leave to cool before decorating.
- To make your topping in a bowl mix your icing sugar, cream cheese, jam and a tiny dash of water or milk until thick in texture and then decorate your lovely ring doughnuts!
If you like my Olive Oil and Homemade Jam Thyme Infused Doughnuts, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3