Autumn is my favourite season, I have said this before on the blog but I truly mean it. It’s out with the summer salads and in with the comforting warming soups, tarts and humble ingredients merging together to create something super duper yummy. I’m all about ease and quick and tasty and this is the one.
Apple, Brie and Red Onion Tarte Tatin is easy to make, an all in one pan recipe and takes less than 30 minutes to put together. Simple and yet totally delicious.
Apple, Brie and Red Onion Tarte Tatin
- 1 Puff Pastry Jus Rol
- 1 Apple Cored and Sliced
- 1 Brie Sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter 2 tbsp for the red onion and 2 tbsp for the apples
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 3 Bay Leaves
- In a pan, melt your butter on a low heat and pop in your red onion, thyme, a pinch of sea salt and 1 tbsp of honey and cook on a low heat until softened. Empty into a bowl.
- Place your sliced apples into the same pan, add another tbsp of butter, the other tbsp of honey, a sprinkle of sea salt and cook until softened. Add in your red onion mix and take off of the heat.
- Layer your brie over the mix then place your bay leaves around the mix and then place your puff pastry over (I used the same frying pan for this but you can move your mix to a tart case or another dish if needed). Fold the edges of the pastry under (you may need to trim the edges if too big) and then use a fork to create some holes in to allow air to leave.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for 25 minutes or until golden and then when out of the oven, turn on to a wooden board and leave to cool before slicing and eating.
If you like my Apple, Brie and Red Onion Tarte Tatin, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3