Okay so I know it’s not quite autumn yet but it’s windy and rainy right now and that calls for toasted sourdough drenched in olive oil and my favourite camembert recipe. I’ve been making this camembert recipe for about 4 years now and I make it a lot during the winter months. It’s cosy, welcoming and super luxurious, especially when you have your snugglies on and some friends over.
It’s one of those happy places we all like to visit at some point or another so I hope you guys enjoy!
Top Tips For Delicious Camembert
- Garlic is a must for camembert, the tangy flavours really bring out the creamy goodness of the cheese. I slice two garlic cloves thinly and pop them in the cuts in the cheese before baking.
- Rosemary & Thyme are beautiful additions to a camembert. I usually use both but in this recipe I only used thyme as I didn’t want to overpower the blackberries.
- White wine is delicious (not just in a glass) but a dash on the camembert before baking really adds a depth of flavour to the cheese.
- Fruits are always a winner when it comes to camembert and so many fruits go so well. Peaches, soft fruits such as blackberries and raspberries but also figs. The sweetness slowly pours out during baking to elevate that tangy cheese flavour with some sweet nodes.
Blackberry, Fig and Thyme Baked Camembert
- 1 Boxed Camembert
- 2 tsp Blackberry Jam
- 6 Blackberries
- 2 Garlic Cloves Thinly sliced
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- 1 Fig Sliced in half
- Turn your oven to 180°C and take your cheese out of the box and open the sheet around the camembert a little to reveal the top and place on a baking tray. Slice a cross in the top and fill with your garlic and your thyme and then your tbsp of white wine.
- Place your sliced fig on top of the cheese and scrunch up the top before baking in the oven for 20 minutes. At the last 5 minutes, place your blackberries on top and bake.
- Drizzle olive oil over your sourdough and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the camembert and the sourdough and enjoy.
If you like my Blackberry, Fig and Thyme Baked Camembert, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3