I first had cauliflower soup at a restaurant and was not prepared for the amazing, creamy and buttery taste that I was about to experience. Since then, it has been my all time favourite soup to make and enjoy and it was about time I put it on my blog for you all to enjoy yourselves.
Tips for Top Notch Soup
1.) If you’re making this cauliflower soup, don’t be tempted to avoid the roasting process because it offers a gorgeous caramelisation of the cauliflower leading to a deeper and richer taste.
2.) Without the added creaminess, the flavour of your soup will be bland and boring SO the best way to liven up a cauliflower soup is by adding butter, salt and creme fraiche (or cream). This will really help with the flavour.
3.) Flavour is a big big thing when it comes to soup and you get delicious flavours by the added ingredients within a soup such as garlic, herbs, onions etc
4.) My all time favourite ingredient is nutmeg – for me, nutmeg was made for soups and custards and I use it all of the time. I use it within the soup mix and to sprinkle on top for that added subtle nutty flavour.
5.) My favourite ingredient to top off a delicious soup is crispy croutons. They are so easy to make as well and are the perfect crispy addition and all you need is stale bread or baguettes, chop this up and drizzle with olive oil and fry on a low heat until nice and crispy.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Soup maker
- 1 Large Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions Chopped
- 1.5 tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 350 ml Vegetable Broth I use mine with bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil Butter
- 2 tbsp Oatly Creme Fraiche
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven at 180c and line your florets on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (turning half way).
- In a soup mixer, pop all of your ingredients (apart from the butter), along with the cooked cauliflower and turn on, I prefer cauliflower soup to be blended. When the soup is ready, add in the butter and stir until melted and serve.
- If you do not have a soup maker, then in a saucepan, cook your onion until softened and then add in your garlic, then add in your lemon juice, broth, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add in the cauliflower and simmer on a low heat for 20-25 minutes. Towards the end add in your creme fraiche and butter and transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth.
If you like my Creamy Cauliflower Soup, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3