Okay so I am very excited to share this Buttery Rhubarb, White Chocolate and Custard Blondies recipe with you as it is one of my all time favourites. Blondies are THE THING at the moment (and to be honest, really should be for the rest of time). They are gooey, buttery and darn right delicious and something you just can’t not enjoy, especially with a cup of tea.
WHAT ARE THESE BLONDIES?
I first had a Blondie in Canada and it was divine. They are very rich, sweet and made up of the basics – flour, butter, eggs, sugar (usually brown) and whatever added extra you want to use. They are a ‘cousin’ of the brownie but the main difference is that they don’t have cocoa powder in them which means the sugar has its chance to pack more of a punch. For me, the best blondies use white chocolate but you can mix it up with whatever you would like.
The texture should be VERY gooey, very soft and melty in the middle. I also use custard in my brownies as it really helps give that cheesecake soft centre we all know and love. Plus, who doesn’t love custard?
Unlike brownies which do fine in the fridge, I prefer to keep blondies in an air tight container on the side as I prefer the white chocolate to stay as soft as possible but they will last longer (up to a week) if put in the fridge. If you like yours very dense then this is the way forward for you but equally, if you like them fresh, warm and gooey – stick in the microwave for 10 seconds to relive that gooey heavenly moment. You can also freeze them for up to 3/4 months.
Buttery Custard, Rhubarb, White Chocolate Blondies
- Brownie Tin
- 3 Burford Brown Eggs Clarence Court
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 250 g Olive Oil Butter
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Brown Sugar
- 2 Sticks Rhubarb (sliced and roasted)
- 130 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Half a packet Alpro Custard
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar For the rhubarb
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Turn your oven to 180c and line a brownie tray with baking parchment, mine is from @lakelanduk and is 10x8.
- In a saucepan, pour in your diced rhubarb and sugar and two tbsp of water and stew on a low heat for around 7 minutes. On another pan, melt your butter and sugars until you have a smooth and glossy texture and leave to cool.
- In another bowl, mix your dry ingredients together and when your butter mixture is cool, add in your eggs, vanilla extract, 4 tbsp of custard and mix fully until creamy and even in texture. Chop up your white chocolate last and stir it in.
- Pour into you brownie tray and then dot in your rhubarb and remaining custard and use a fork to swirl it around. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until just cooked. The middle should be buttery and melty but should hold its own. I sprinkle mine with some powdered sugar and crushed dried raspberries! Enjoy
If you like my Buttery Rhubarb, White Chocolate and Custard Blondies, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3