Custard Drenched Brioche French Toast with Maple and Vanilla Roasted Peaches is a recipe I am super proud of. I have always been a huge lover of French Toast and the different types you can have but when the French Toast is sweet buttery brioche, how can you go wrong?
This recipe uses no refined sugar apart from maple when baking those gorgeous peaches.
WHO DOESN’T LOVE FRENCH TOAST?
French Toast is best known for the bread being a tad on the stale side as it soaks up that eggy milk so well and will hold its shape but as I am using brioche, brioche is enriched with a super high butter content therefore is a lot softer than other bread and doesn’t go stale like normal bread however, I find it holds its shape just as well as stale bread.
SO… WHY BRIOCHE THEN?
- Brioche is deliciously creamy in flavour and if you’re using sweet or savoury ingredients the flavours are very well balanced.
- Brioche always offers delicious thick slices
- The bread is rich, buttery and soaks up your custardy egg mixture like a match made in heaven and holds its own.
- Imagine custard and brioche together? Just perfect!
WHAT DO YOU USE TO MAKE THIS?
The ingredients needed are:
- Brioche (I use Waitrose Brioche)
- Oat Milk (from Oatly)
- Duck Eggs (from Clarence Court)
- maple Syrup (amber in colour)
- 1 half of a Vanilla Pod (from Buy Whole Foods Online)
- Olive Oil Butter
- Olive Oil
- Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- Custard (from Alpro)
- Frozen Peaches
Custard Drenched Brioche French Toast with Maple and Vanilla Roasted Peaches
- 5 Slices of Brioche Bread
- 10 Frozen Sliced Peaches
- 3 Duck Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Vanilla pod Halved and scrape the seeds out
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 tbsp Custard
- 4 tbsp Maple
- Turn your oven to 180 degrees and pour your frozen sliced peaches into an oven proof dish and cover with your maple syrup, a dash of water and your half pod of vanilla seeds (or extract) leaving some of the seeds for the egg mix and bake in the oven for 12 minutes until gently roasted.
- In a large bowl, whisk your eggs until no thick bits remain then add in your custard, a little bit of the remaining vanilla seed, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until thick. Drench your brioche one by one into the mix, for 30 seconds to allow the mixture to soak into the brioche and leave on top of a wire tray.
- Add in your butter and oil into your pan and when hot place your brioche in to the pan (up to two at a time depending on size) and fry until golden on each side. Serve with your delicious roasted peaches and another drizzle of maple syrup on top!
If you like my Custard Drenched Brioche French Toast with Maple and Vanilla Roasted Peaches, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3