It is a total classic and a very much well loved pudding. It’s one of my all time favourite recipes to make as it’s super easy, super scrumptious and packed full of classic gorgeous flavours we all know and love. I have always been a big fan of the humble custard tart and so combined with rhubarb it make sense that for me, it will be even more perfect. It’s less so of a sponge cake and very much more of a baked cheesecake in texture and flavour which is a bonus for me as baked cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts.
Rhubarb and Custard Cake
For the cake
- 3 Medium storks of Rhubarb
- 250 g Olive Oli Butter
- 200 g Alpro custard
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Duck Eggs
- 150 g Golden Caster Sugar If you prefer yours sweeter add an extra 50g
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar You can use brown if you do not have this
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- To start with roast your rhubarb, this will take around 15 minutes. Slice your rhubarb and cover in your sugar and lemon juice and bake in the oven (cover with foil).
- In a glass bowl, mix together your butter, 4 table spoons of your custard, your vanilla extract and your sugar until nice and combined.
- Add in your flour and baking powder last and then mix until combined. Butter and line a springform tin mine was a 21cm cake tin and then pour in a quarter of your cake batter, followed by a couple of dollops of custard and a couple of spoonfuls of the rhubarb. Continue this layering until you reach the top and then use your remaining custard and rhubarb and swirl into the mix.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and then the final 10 minutes cover with tin foil.
If you like my Rhubarb and Custard Cake, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3