This has been something I have made for almost half of my life and one of my favourite recipes and I am incredibly surprised I haven’t popped it on the blog until now!
I love making pastry, I find it one of the most therapeutic things to do with regards to baking but when it comes to puff pastry, a fabulous pre-made roll from your local supermarket is really all that you need to make these easy, fun, (super messy) yet utterly delectable dessert time treats.
Getting messy time
Baking is ALL about getting your hands mucky mucky which is why this recipe is one of my favourites. When I was growing up my mum was forever watching over my shoulder as I baked, mopping up my mess as I went along and it used to take the fun out of baking so now I have my very own kitchen and when I bake, it gets messy and I love it! It’s a creative art baking and when you add jam to the mix – you’re gonna get mucky!!
So, how do you make these glorious jam roly poly puff pastry puffs I hear you ask?
Jam Roly poly Puff Pastry Puffs
For the Swirls
- 1 Jus Rol Puff Pastry
- 4 tbsp Blackcurrant Jam
- 5 Fresh Raspberries
- 4 tbsp Oat Milk For a wash before baking
For the sprinkling
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Blackcurrant Jam
- Leave your puff pastry out for about 30 minutes before you roll and turn your oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out your puff pastry and at the bottom half, cover with your blackcurrant jam and your fresh raspberries and then fold the top third over like you would a letter and then fold the bottom half over the top of it and then turn the dough 90 degrees (the long part should be at the side)
- Cut your dough into strips (as even as you can) but as the jam is now super sticky, this might be tricky but do your best and then roll them from the top down to the bottom into swirls.
- Once all done, cover with the oat milk and bake in the oven for 25 minutes and then sprinkle over your sugar and jam mix (this makes the colour change - great fun and if you do it with matcha you get a fab green too)!!
HOW TO IN PICTURES
Whilst I love Puff Pastry when it’s fresh, it’s also just as lovely the following day. Just pop into an airtight container and leave out of the fridge, I wouldn’t leave more than 1 day. If you don’t have any jam but you have fresh fruits, you can make your own jam simply by popping a 2:1 ration of fruits and sugar into a saucepan stirring until ready.
If you like my Jam Roly Poly Puff Pastry Puffs, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3