Now I don’t know about you but I LOVE cinnamon buns but I usually make so many that I can’t possibly eat them and as we all know, buns and breads are SO much better eaten on the day of baking and sometimes, you just need something warm, gooey and utterly delicious – enter these delicious bites!
I’ve seen many similar recipes on the web for small batches of cinnamon buns ranging from 4-8 in size but the ingredients vary from different milk used, different sugars and different spices so if you do check this one out, I really hope you enjoy!
This recipe makes 4 delicious cinnamon buns but if you would like to make more than that simply double the recipe.
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Rolls
- 140 g Plain Flour
- 2.5 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 3.5 tbsp Butter From Kerry gold (melted)
- 2 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 6-7 tbsp Oat Drink From Oatly
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon Powder From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 pinch Salt From Maldon Salt
Ingredients for the Filling
- 2.5 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon Powder From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Butter From Kerry gold (melted)
Ingredients for the Topping
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese From Philadelphia
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Oat Drink From Oatly
For the Cinnamon Buns
- In a small bowl, microwave your milk until just warm and then add in your yeast and leave for around 10-15 minutes until slightly risen, bubbly and foamy.
- In another bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, salt and then mix in your yeast mix and then your melted butter and stir until it forms a nice dough. It will look fairly small (this is normal) as it's a small batch. Then leave in the bowl, covered with cling film or a tea towel and leave in a warm place for around 25 minutes.
For the Filling
- In a bowl, mix together your melted butter sugar, cardamom and cinnamon and set aside. I used a bread tin here but you can use a small round baking tin (between 6-7 inches).
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- Roll out to around a 9 - 5 inch long rectangle, the dough should be about an inch in thickness. You don't want it too thin otherwise you will struggle to roll. Then spread over your delicious sugar filling mix over the dough and then roll up (as tightly as you can) then roll outwards with your hands to form a 10 inch roll and then cut evenly into 4 pieces. Get your bread tin or cake tin out of the fridge and place your dough in the tin. These are too small to 'roll' into buns so I left these in square format. Cover again and leave somewhere warm for a further 15 minutes before baking for 12 minutes (if it's sunny, pop it outside).
For the Topping
- Whilst your buns are rising, make the topping. In a bowl, pop in your cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar and mix and then add in your milk. Stir until creamy but not super wet and pop in the fridge until your buns are baked, add more milk if you want the mixture a bit thinner. Then lather on and enjoy whilst warm!!
If you like my Cinnamon Buns Recipe, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3
Gifted Disclaimer: All products from Buy Whole Foods Online are gifted.