Lately I have been really appreciating pantry goods and ingredients most people have stored in the back of their cupboards but often don’t use or forget they are there. Most of my recipes since we have been in lockdown have featured pantry items because I believe it is important to use what you have and the beauty of recipes such as carrot cake is that you can use extra or omit ingredients depending on what you have.
These delicious Carrot & Chocolate Muffins are gluten and dairy free and have a very, very small amount of sugar because I prefer my carrot cakes to be a touch more on the savoury side. The topping however, does contain dairy cream cheese but you can use vegan cream cheese to the same affect.
Delicious Gluten Free Carrot Cake and Chocolate Muffins
- 1 Cup Organic Oat Flour From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs From Clarence Court
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Ground almonds From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Flaked Salt Maldon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Drops From Hotel Chocolat
- 2 Carrots Medium Sized Grated and KEEP the peeling.
- 1 tao Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 15 Raspberries Pop in a couple per muffin just before baking
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Tahini From Grecious
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Line a muffin tray and preheat your oven to 170c.In a bowl, cream together your sugar and your olive oil until completely smooth.
- Pop in your eggs and beat until smooth and then add in in your vanilla extract and salt and mix a little more.
- Add in all of your oat flour and other dry ingredients (and choc drops) until nice and smooth and then add in your carrot. Mix thoroughly until all combined and pour into your loaf tin.
- In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, maple syrup and tahini until nice and combined.
- In a saucepan, add in 50ml of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar and stir until bubbling and thick. At this point, add in your carrot peelings and stir for 1 minute and pick out your carrot peelings with a fork and pop on a napkin until you're ready to decorate. Keep the syrup to drizzle over your frosting.
- Decorate your loaf when they're nice and cool.
If you like my GF Carrot & Chocolate Muffins, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my GF Carrot & Chocolate Muffins Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3