Lately I have been really appreciating pantry goods and ingredients most people have stored in the back of their cupboards but often don’t use or forget they are there. Most of my recipes since we have been in lockdown have featured pantry items because I believe it is important to use what you have and the beauty of recipes such as carrot cake is that you can use extra or omit ingredients depending on what you have.
These delicious Carrot & Chocolate Loaf is gluten and dairy free and has a very, very small amount of sugar because I prefer my carrot cakes to be a touch more on the savoury side. The topping however, does contain dairy cream cheese but you can use vegan cream cheese to the same affect.
Delicious Gluten Free Carrot Cake and Chocolate Loaf
CARROT CAKE LAYER
- 1.5 cup Organic Oat Flour From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs From Clarence Court
- 2 Carrots Medium Sized Grated and KEEP the peeling.
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Flaked Salt From Maldon Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Drops From Hotel Chocolat
- 1 tsp Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tbsp Tahini Spread Grecious Ltd
- 1/2 cup Organic Oat Flour From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder From Hotel Chocolat
- 1 Egg From Clarence Court
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Haskapa Superberry Powder From Haskapa
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 50 ml Water
- Carrot Peelings
CARROT CAKE LAYER
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat your oven to 170c.In a bowl, cream together your sugar and your olive oil until completely smooth.
- Pop in your eggs and beat until smooth and then add in in your lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Then add in your tahini spread and mix.
- Add in all of your oat flour and other dry ingredients (as well as your choc drops) until nice and smooth and then add in your grated carrot. Mix thoroughly until all combined and pour into your loaf tin.
- In another bowl, mix together your oil, sugar and then add in your egg before adding in your oat flour and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour this on top of layer one and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, maple syrup and berry powder until nice and combined and beautifully pink.
- For your candied carrot. Turn your hob onto a medirum heat and in a saucepan, add in 50ml of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar and stir until bubbling and thick. At this point, add in your carrot peelings and stir for 1 minute and pick out your carrot peelings with a fork and pop on a napkin until you're ready to decorate. Keep the syrup to drizzle over your frosting.
- Decorate your loaf when it is nice and cool.
If you like my GF Carrot & Chocolate Loaf, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my GF Carrot & Chocolate Loaf Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3