I’m not sure where to start with this one really… Lava cakes have always been one of those decadent desserts that just scream EAT ME PLEASE!!! I’ve always gotten them whenever they have been on a dessert menu and have only ever been bitterly disappointed once when there was no gooey oozey ooze. So often, lava cakes have been the dessert every chef on TV tries to make and it’s often met with anxious and worried looks from critics who wonder whether the ooze will exist or whether or not their career as a chef might be forever tainted by failed lava cakes…
WELL… Not any more. Making a chocolate fondant or a lava cake is really, really simple. It isn’t hard to make at all it just takes the exact ingredients and the right time in order to make them a reality.
Strawberry, Cherry and Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 ramekins
- 2 Eggs From Clarence Court (1 yolk, 1 whole)
- 60 g Dark Chocolate Hotel Chocolate (must be at least 70% cocoa)
- 60 g Butter 10g of this for the buttering of the ramekins
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder For dusting
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 5 Strawberries Chopped & Diced
- 2 tbsp Water For the strawberry puree
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar For the strawberry puree
- 2 tbsp Morello Cherry Gin Liqueur I used mine from Coxy's but this is optional
- First of all butter your ramekins and pop in the fridge for around 5/10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pop in your strawberries, liqueur if you’re using, water and sugar and cook on a low heat (keep stirring) until smooth.
- Remove your ramekins from the fridge and butter again before sprinkling a your cocoa powder in them and pop back in the fridge until you’re ready to fill!
- Melt your chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water until nice and smooth. In another bowl, mix your eggs and your sugar for around 5 minutes until beautifully fluffy and pale. Then fold in your chocolate mix, your strawberry mix and then sieve in your flour.
- Stir gently ensuring no air bubbles and pour into your ramekins. This recipe makes two delicious lava cakes. Bake in the oven at 160 • for EXACTLY 12 minutes and not a second more.
- Leave for 30 seconds before using a knife around the edges of your lava cake and with confidence flip onto a plate and enjoy.
If you like my Strawberry, Cherry and Chocolate Lava Cake, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Strawberry, Cherry and Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3