Banana cake has absolutely always been one of my all time favourite desserts to make. It’s delicious and it’s one of those desserts where you don’t feel guilty having it for breakfast, either. I’ve made lots of combinations of banana bread in the past but in my opinion, oat flour and chocolate within a banana bread absolutely make it.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 4 Ripe Bananas 3 for the banana bread, 1 for decorating
- 120 g Organic wholegrain Oat Flour From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 60 g Cocoa Powder From Hotel Chocolat
- 60 g Ground Almonds From Buy Whole Foods Online
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 7 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 3 tbsp Hazlenut Milk You can use other milk if you wish
- 10 Chocolate Drops
- 1 tsp Flaked Salt
- 1 Egg From Clarence Court
- Preheat your oven to around 180C
- Mash your bananas into a bowl but ensure they are over ripe before doing so.
- In your bowl with the dry ingredients, place your egg, oil and milk and then add in your bananas and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into a loaf tin and use strips of baking parchment so you can lift it out and then slice your banana and place into the loaf so half is showing and the other half is submerged and then sprinkle in your chocolate drops ensuring some are covered with the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and leave to cool fully before slicing.
If you like my Chocolate Banana Bread, please check out my social media for more!
Please tag me at @thehumblepescatatian and use the hashtag #TheHumbleP if you make any of my recipes. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3
Gifted Disclaimer: All products from Buy Whole Foods Online are gifted.