I am so happy to share with you this delicious recipe. It’s nearly Easter and with the shelves a little emptier than usual during the current climate and Covid-19 it’s time to get a little creative in that kitchen so I hope you enjoy this super easy recipe.
There’s a lot of great reasons to use Duck Eggs as well, which this recipe uses and for a gluten-free bake such as this, it’s a great time to use duck eggs. The added protein in the albumin (whites) really helps to bind ingredients better and drastically improves the texture of the bake.
The rule of thumb as well with the usage of duck eggs is: two duck eggs for every three chicken eggs and you can use this for any baking. It’s even more delicious in a custard too.
Flourless Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Cookie Cutters
- 3 Duck Eggs Clarence Court (yolk and whites separate)
- 200 g Dark Chocolate Rawr Chocolate
- 80 g Butter
- 70 g Granulated Sugar
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 1.2 tsp Salt Maldon Salt
Cream Cheese ingredients
- 100 g Cream Cheese
- 60 g Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Cocoa Powder
For the brownie mix
- In a bowl, separate your yolks and your whites and keep your whites to whisk into a meringue.
- Melt your chocolate and butter together and leave to cool fully before adding your egg yolks, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your egg whites. As these are duck eggs, they will take longer to whisk but keep at it. It's best to use an electric whisk here and about 2 minutes in, add in your granulated sugar little by little and whisk until stiff peaks appear.
- Move over to your chocolate mix and fold in 1/3 of the egg white and fold slowly but do not whisk as you'll whisk the air bubbles out of the meringue.
- Fold in the remaining egg white and pour into a brownie tin and cook for 25 minutes.
For the frosting
- Mix together your cream cheese until light and fluffy and then add in your powdered sugar. Mix until pale and then sift in your cocoa flour. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Cutting the brownie
- When your brownie is nice and cool (it will still be gooey in the middle), cut out using cookie cutters (I used a flower shaped one) and then slice straight down the middle. Fill with cream cheese and then put your slices together to create a brownie sandwich. Continue until you have lots of little brownie bites and then enjoy!
If you like my Flourless Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies, please check out my social media for more!
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes! Thank you for reading my Flourless Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies Recipe.
Share and follow me for more super yum posts/reviews in the future <3