A few months ago I visited The Duck for a Sunday lunch and was immensely blown away by one of the yummiest, if not, the yummiest pasta dish I have ever had. It’s one of the most memorable dishes I have had this year and it was totally unexpected. So when Buy Whole Foods Online gifted me some of their mushroom products (the list is at the very end), the first thing I knew I wanted to make was a Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle; Just like the delicious one I had at The Duck.
As some may know, this pasta dish is famously known as pappardelle ai funghi e panna and it is a delightfully classic seasonal dish that is packed full to the brim with mushrooms and cream however, I make mine slightly differently. You’ll find the recipe below.
Porchini is the mushroom that hits the spot when it comes to a Pappardelle and is often found wild through the beautiful forests in Tuscany – a prized and beautifully flavoured ingredient – that people spend their days searching for. Then add in a few chestnut mushrooms, dried porchini mushroom pieces and porchini mushroom powder and you’ll have one of the yummiest pasta dishes out there.
Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle
- 250 g Pappardelle Pasta
- 20 g Plain Flour
- 150 ml Milk
- 20 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 3 tsp Porchini Mushroom Powder Buy Whole Foods Online
- 10 Chestnut Mushrooms Diced
- 40 g Dried Porchini Mushrooms Buy Whole Foods Online
- 8 Sundried Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 100 g Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and butter over medium heat before adding in your garlic and red onion. Sauté this for a couple of minutes until soft. Then you want to add in your plain flour and milk (gradually) to create a creamy rue. Once the consistency is creamy, add in your cheese and mix before adding in the sundried tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, Dried Porchini Mushroom Pieces and your Porchini Mushroom Powder. Cook until soft and creamy and until any remaining milk has been reduced. Remove from heat. Add your Salt and Pepper in at this point.
- Boil a large pot of water, adding in a generous amount of salt before adding in your pappardelle. You will want to cook this for around 4-5 minutes so the pasta is “al dente” or slightly firm.
- Return your pan of yummy mushroom goodness to a low heat and add in your pasta along with 3 tablespoons of pasta water. Serve with some parsley and Buon appetito!
If you like this Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle, please check out my social media for more!
I do hope you enjoyed this Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle recipe. If you ever make an attempt (which you totally should). I would love to see your take.
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes!
Share and follow me for more super yum posts in the future <3
Disclaimer: Porchini Mushroom Powder and Porchini Dried Mushroom Pieces gifted by Buy Whole Foods Online