So excited to share this recipe for my Red Velvet and Coconut Pancakes. I make a lot of pancakes and I have one recipe that I use and amend in terms of flavour ingredients but the staple stays the same and they are quite simply, the best-ever pancakes. you’ll go onto Instagram and it’s fairly common to see food bloggers and recipe developers always saying “best ever” or the ‘nicest you’ll ever have’ and it can sometimes be really confusing to follow one recipe when the other says the same but when it comes to pancakes – it’s all about the ratios and these ones are really, really, really – the best-ever pancake recipe.
So, how do you cook the “best ever’ pancakes?
You’ll read instructions on hundreds of blogs out there to create the best ever pancakes but really, it’s down to a very small handful of things.
- Ensure that your pan has even heat. If you use a frying pan, oil can seep to the edges meaning you’ll have a roasting hot middle and the oil around the edges causing burnt pancakes. So use a skillet.
- Let your pan heat up whilst you make the batter and use a nonstick spray to not only keep your pancakes from sticking, but to also ensure even spread of oil. I always use coconut oil.
- Add an even scoop of batter so all of your pancakes are similar.
- Never flip your pancakes. Gently turn them over with a spatula.
- 35 seconds on each side is all you need. If you’re going for those really thick scotch pancakes, 45 seconds is the maximum I will ever take pancakes to. Anymore than that and you risk drying them out.
Red Velvet Coconut Pancakes
- 140 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Flour
- 3 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 140 ml Coconut Milk Innocent Coconut Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 3 tbsp Organic Coconut Milk Powder Buy Whole Foods Online
- 3 tbsp Beetroot Powder (for colour and nutritian) Buy Whole Foods Online
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 40 g Belgian Plain Chocolate Buttons Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 tbsp Freeze Dried Strawberries Lakeland
- In another bowl, mix your egg, melted butter and your Coconut Milk together before adding to your dry ingredients and stir until thick and creamy (and no remaining lumps).
- In a small bowl or jug, pop your butter and your Belgian Plain Chocolate Buttons into the microwave
- In a skillet or pan, add your Coconut Oil until hot and scoop some of the batter into the pan. Cook for 35 seconds on each side and put on to a plate.
If you like these Red Velvet Coconut Pancake Recipe, please check out my social media for more!
I do hope you enjoyed these Red Velvet Coconut Pancake recipe. If you ever make an attempt (which you totally should). I would love to see your take.
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes!
Share and follow me for more super yum posts in the future <3
Disclaimer: Beetroot Powder, Coconut Milk Powder, Belgian Plain Chocolate Buttons, Rose Petals gifted by Buy Whole Foods Online
Freeze Dried Strawberries gifted by Lakeland.