Truffles are always amazing aren’t they? The creaminess, the smoothness and the way they melt away in your mouth – perfection. For me, truffles have long been my go to treat and I love making them. They’re great for cheeky little snacks or even better to make as a gift for someone you care about – without breaking the bank (whatsoever). These truffles though are out of this world and it’s all thanks to one ingredient – the beetroot powder.
I have plenty of tips for using beetroot powder (I use it a lot at the moment) but if you want to check out what else you can do, have a little look a my recipe for Beetroot Hummus. You won’t be disappointed. It’s so amazing what you can do with beetroot powder.
So anyway, back to these super duper yummy truffles… So I love Red Velvet cakes so very much and I wanted to make some yummy truffles with a bit of a difference, so what better way than to make said truffles; Red Velvet style? It’s unbelievably easy to do but instead of using red colouring which can often be full of nasty additives why don’t you try using something that will give a beautiful colour and provide you with added nutritional benefits. I then finish mine by sprinkling some beautiful rose petals over them and a dusting of beetroot powder to highlight that beautiful colour.
Red Velvet Truffles
- Bain Marie
Red Velvet Truffles
- 2 tubs Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Beetroot Powder Add more to taste/for colour
- 4 tbsp Best cocoa powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt I use Maldon Sea Salt
- 50 g Milk Chocolate Melted
For the Decoration
- 250 g Milk Chocolate Melted
- 2 tbsp Rose Petals For decoration
- In a big glass bowl, mix together your cream cheese, cocoa powder, beetroot powder and sea salt until fully combined.
- Melt your 50g of chocolate and once cooled, pour into your cream cheese mix.
- Using some remaining cocoa powder, roll some of the truffle mix between your hands and place on baking parchment on a baking tray. Once all rolled out, pop a tooth pick in the middle which will help with your decoration.
- Pop your truffles in to the freezer for 20 minutes. When you have 5 minutes left before removing them, melt your chocolate into a Bain Marie and once melted, using your tooth picks, pop each truffle into the chocolate before putting back on to your parchment. you can then sprinkle with your rose petals or beetroot powder for added decoration.
- Once all decorated, pop your truffles in the fridge for 10 minutes before enjoying.
If you like this Red Velvet Truffles Recipe, please check out my social media for more!
I do hope you enjoyed this Red Velvet Truffles recipe. If you ever make an attempt (which you totally should). I would love to see your take.
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes!
Share and follow me for more super yum posts in the future <3
Disclaimer: Beetroot Powder & Rose Petals gifted by Buy Whole Foods Online