I love nothing more than a gooey brownie and sadly, the last few I’ve had at various different restaurants have been a little on the forgetful side so what better way to get over that? Make your own! The lovely guys at Buy Whole Foods Online sent me some carob powder to try and I was delighted when it arrived because it smells heavenly. A mixture of yummy malty chocolate coffee smells all hitting your nose at once – heaven!
I knew instantly that I wanted to use this lovely ingredient in brownies and it makes super duper happy to say that these Gooey Carob, Chocolate and Cherry Pudding’s are the best ones yet – they are DIVINE.
Carob powder is a form of chocolate and resembles the likes of cocoa powder. Carob is produced by grinding dried carob pods into a powder to create a nutritious yet delicious form of chocolate. It has a naturally sweet flavour and is great added to baking as it allows you to use little or no additional sugar to sweeten.
For me, brownies have to be melty, gooey that almost fall apart the minute you pick them up and to get this type of heavenly delight is all down to your baking time. So many recipes I see online say to keep your brownies in the oven for up to 25 minutes. Well, if you want cakes then go ahead but if you want the type of brownie that is basically a melt-in-the-middle chocolate pudding then you need 10 minutes max. I promise.
The Best Tips Ever:
- Chocolate & flour: Whilst I love making vegan recipes, I actually didn’t have any vegan chocolate in the house (for once) today so it was down to using real chocolate, carob powder, dark chocolate flakes & cocoa powder. I replace most of my plain flour and substitute the rest with an extra helping of cocoa powder and carob powder making the brownie deliciously rich.
- Butter: You can use coconut oil if you’re going to go vegan for this (of if you just want a different yummy taste) but butter gives it that rich melty flavour that is so needed in a good brownie. Just make sure you bring it to room temperature before mixing in.
- Sugar: I actually always use VERY limited amounts of sugar and only 1 cup. My thoughts are that the sweet flavours come from the extra amount of chocolate I always use. I use a mix of milk and dark to give extra depths of flavours.
- Eggs: Eggs are super duper important in a brownie. If you’re going vegan simply replace with olive or vegetable oil and some baking powder but I use two in my brownies. They help bing and structure your yummy pudding bites.
- Extra bits: I always add a fruit ingredient in my brownies and in these bad boys I have black cherries and I add in 3 table spoons of the cherry juice that comes with them in the can – extra extra yum!
Gooey Carob, Chocolate and Cherry Pudding's
- 100 g plain flour
- 200 g plain butter room temperature
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 25 6 carob powder
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 35 g dark chocolate flakes
- 40 g chopped milk chocolate
- 8 black cherries chopped
- 3 tbsp black cherry juice
- In one bowl, mix together your butter and caster sugar before slowly adding your beaten egg.
- Mix in your flour and chocolate powders into the wet mixture and beat until mixed equally.
- Add in your chocolate flakes and chopped milk chocolate before adding in your chopped black cherries.
- Line a small tin (6x6) with parchment before adding in your mixture and importantly, bake for 10 minutes until cooked through but hot and gooey in the middle. Serve immediately with ice cream or let cool down until fudgey in the middle.
If you like these Gooey Carob, Chocolate and Cherry Pudding’s, please check out my social media
I do hope you enjoyed this Gooey Carob, Chocolate and Cherry Pudding’s recipe. If you ever make an attempt (which you totally should). I would love to see your take.
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes!
Share and follow me for more super yum posts in the future <3