Peach pop tarts – YES! I have loved pop tarts since I was a kid but since the ones we all know and love are so expensive and let’s be honest, as tasty as they are – full of nothing good I wanted to introduce you to my delicious ridiculously easy puff pastry version.
These peach pop tarts are gorgeous – full of peach jam and topped with a delicious lemon drizzle and coated with chopped almonds, mixed seed and rose petals. Hello little puffs of heaven.
Peach Pop Tarts
Peach Pop Tarts
- 1 sheet puff pastry make it GF by using GF puff pastry sheets.
- 6 tbsp peach jam you can use any jam you like though
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 2 tbsp milk almond milk if vegan
- chopped almonds as much as you like
- mixed seed as much as you like
- rose petals as much as you like
Making your pop tarts
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll your puff pastry sheet and cut into equal squares. You should be able to get 12 equal sized squares.
- Now for the fun part. Add some of your jam into the centre of half of the squares and then using the other remaining squares, gently lay them on top and use a fork to seal and crimp the edges.
- Place you delicious pop tarts onto the lined baking tray and pop into the oven and bake for around 8 minutes. The tops should be a lovely golden colour.
Making your icing
- Place your icing sugar into a bowl, stirring in your lemon juice and milk. You might need to add in more icing sugar depending on the type of drizzle you want. Add more for a lovely thick paste consistency.
- Once your yummies are out of the oven, leave to cool for a minute or so and then drizzle your icing over before covering in your seeds, almonds and petals. Best served warm.
If you like these peach pop tarts, please check out my social media
I do hope you enjoyed this peach pop tart recipe. If you ever make an attempt (which you totally should). I would love to see your take.
Please use the hashtag #TheHumbleP. I would love to see your takes!
Share and follow me for more super yum posts in the future <3