I bought the cutest little tin dishes from TkMaxx the other day (my favourite shop of aaaall time) and have been absolutely dying to use them so last night I made my favourite type of recipe – the simple ‘all in one’ tray bake. You absolutely cannot go wrong with a tray bake, and it’s the perfect opportunity to use up anything you have remaining in the fridge especially if you can’t be bothered to spend time cooking and you just want something simple, easy to make and full of flavour!
I had some cod fillets I needed using up so last night’s recipe was a cod tray bake with yummy thai basil leaves. Super fresh, tasty and very healthy. Check out the recipe below, it’s so easy and simple to make! Make sure you use thai basil leaves as they are soooooo delicious with tomato!
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of butter beans
- 15 sliced runner beans
- 1 handful of cabbage, spring greens and leaks (you can buy a packet of this from most supermarkets unless you have individual items)
- Chopped basil leaves (thai) – I used 8 basil leaves in mine.
- Half a red onion (chopped)
- 1 lug of olive oil
- A good helping of sea salt and black pepper
- 1tsb of paprika
- 5 garlic gloves, chopped roughly
- 3tsp of oregano or mixed herbs
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- On a chopping board, chop up the onion, basil, garlic, runner beans and mixed veg (cabbage, leaks and spring greens) leave to the side
- On a separate board, rub your cod with a sprinkle of olive oil and season well
- Empty the cans of tomato into your dish and drain the butter beans before adding into the tray bake
- Put in your veg, onion etc and then sprinkle in the oregano and paprika, stir well
- Add the cod into the middle of the pan and using a spoon, cover with some of the tomato sauce
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the cod is flaky
- Serve with chunky bread or chips and enjoy
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx