I’m a huge fan of anything chocolate related and I also adore pears (they’re just coming out of their season now so hurry hurry) and although, for time saving, I usually use tinned pears if I am ever baking with them but if you want to prepare them yourself, then follow this link here which tells you all about how to eat in the seasons and how to prepare fruits/veg. It’s a fab website!
So… Chocolate Pear Pudding. What I love the most about chocolate is that you can do so so much with it and it goes ridiculously well with pears. The best thing about this recipe is that it is sooooo easy to make, it’s very quick and insanely comforting and it contains one of your five a day which, let’s be honest, is definitely a plus when it’s coated in yummy chocolate goodness! The greatest thing though, is that you probably have all of these ingredients in your cupboards right now, so open em’ up and get on baking!
- 2 cans of pear halves (in juice, not syrup – drain and keep 25ml of pear juice).
- 125g plain flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g soft butter (extra for greasing)
- 1tp baking powder
- 1/4 tp bicarb
- 2 large eggs
- 2tp vanilla extract
- handful of chocolate chips
- handful of Whitworths Mix ‘n’ Bake dark choc (contains a mix of cherry berries, dark chocolate chunks, cherry apple and flame raisins) – if you do not have this, it is not necessary to add.
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400ºF and grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish.
- Pop all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and the Mix ‘n’ Bake into a bowl or food processor and mix/blitz until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and Mix ‘n’ Bake and stir.
- Spread the batter over the pears, making sure to cover them all and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand out of the oven for 10 minutes and cut into slices and serve with chocolate sauce.
- 50g milk chocolate (broken up)
- 25g butter
- splash of cream
- shot of cherry liqueur (my favourite is the M&S Black Forest Gateau)
- In a glass bowl over hot water, break in the chocolate cubes and knob of butter and stir until smooth.
- Add in the splash of cream and shot of cherry liqueur
- Stir for a minute before serving.
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx