This Valentine’s Day, Mark and I decided to try something new in the kitchen and cook together and as Mark’s favourite fish is Swordfish, we decided to get some sustainable steaks and make this stunning dish which you absolutely MUST try. It’s the perfect luxury that doesn’t cost the earth and tastes absolutely divine. Usually I would clean the plate before taking a photo but I was far too excited to dive on in so apologies for the lack of style in this one! This is such a gorgeous dish so do let me know if you make it, I’d love for you to try it!
Swordfish with Pepolino Tomatoes & Capers
- 2 Swordfish Steaks (sustainable)
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 20 pepolino tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3tbsp capers
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pat dry the swordfish and season well with sea salt and pepper and drizzle over olive oil, then pan fry for 4-5 minutes over a high heat on each side and transfer to plate.
- Peel and finely slice/mince the garlic
- Use the same pan from the swordfish (you may need to drizzle in some more oil) and add the garlic and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and capers and cook for 1 minute.
- Lastly, roughly chop and add the parsley leaves, season with a grind black pepper, stir, then pour over the fish and serve.
Fennel and Orange Salad
- 1 fennel bulb (core removed)
- 1 large orange (sliced)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Slice the fennel into thin slices
- Remove the skin of the oranges and cut out the segments (be careful not to waste any juice which you will need for the dressing) squeeze out any excess from the orange peel after being segmented.
- pop the onion into a bowl with the fennel, orange segments and rocket leaves
- In a separate bowl, mix together the orange juice, olive oil and mustard and add a sprinkle of sea salt for taste. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx