Oh my goodness! So… this evening I decided to spend my evening making doughnuts for the first time ever after finding a recipe from Hotel Chocolat although I may have altered the recipe a tad… If you love gooey, chocolate doughnuts – you’ll love this.
250g strong white flour
2 pinch’s of sea salt
2tsp of ground cinnamon
2tsp butter, softened
150ml warm water
1 1/2tsp of dried yeast
40g caster sugar
12 chocolate blackcurrant truffles
25g ground cinnamon
75g caster sugar
- Sieve the flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add the lukewarm water, butter and yeast and knead the dough for 5 minutes, cover with clingfilm and prove in a warm area until double in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, use the palm of your hand to push the dough outwards before rolling it back towards you. Do this for a few minutes.
- Heat a pan half full with vegetable oil and heat. Use a cherry sized piece of dough to test the heat (it should go golden after 2 minutes) otherwise if you have a thermometer, it will be 150C.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Take piece of the dough, shape into a disc about 5 cm in diameter. Place a truffle in the centre and wrap the dough around, seal the dough completely making sure there are no gaps otherwise the dough will burst and the truffle will melt into the oil.
- Place the doughnut in the oil and fry for about 5 minutes turning the doughnut half way through cooking.
- Drain well and whilst still warm roll around in the sugared cinnamon and enjoy!
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx