So after the gym yesterday (I did a LBT circuit for the first time) I got home and made dinner (also another blog recipe coming soon) but afterwards I just needed something sweet and tasty to snack on (women alert: time of the month and I am feeling preeeeetty down at the moment and in need of anything chocolate related) and there was nothing in the house AT all so I raided the cupboards and decided to make my always reliable trusty chocolate chip cookies (with an added spin).
Chocolate chip cookies are probably the only recipe where I don’t always follow instructions. If I fancy peanut butter in them, I’ll add it in and if I fancy cherries, I’ll ad em’ in too… Soooo that’s exactly what I did.
I love cookies that have a chewy middle, rich in flavour and just about golden on top but the recipe has to be easy to make. I don’t want to fuss about with a mixer, I don’t want to spend ages chilling dough or hurting my arms creaming butter until ‘just right’ – I just want a chocolate cookie damn it!!
SO here is my fail-proof recipe.
Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cookies
- 150g butter
- 60g caster sugar (or brown sugar but I didn’t have any)
- 150g self-raising flour
- 120g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 3tbsp of cherry syrup from a can of tinned black cherries
- 10 tinned black cherries chopped up
- Jar of Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 3. Line 2 baking trays with parchment or a TINY dab of oil brushed over.
- Microwave butter for 15 seconds to soften and then cream thebutter with the sugar until smooth and light in colour.
- Lightly beat egg with a fork and then stir into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add in the cherry syrup and chopped cherries.
- Sift flours and baking powder and gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined fully.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop small tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto the tray and make sure there is enough space between each doughy ball as they do spread when cooking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and remove from oven and allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (or eat immediately with a dollop of ice cream).
- Once cooled, spread with Nutella for extra chocolate goodness!
Cheeky little baking notes:
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: I LOVE the chocolate chips from M&S but you can use vegan/dairy free if wanted.
OIL/BUTTER: If you don’t want to use butter you can use coconut oil which add a gorgeous flavour to these cookies.
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx