I’ve been trying my hand at making more vegan foods and trying to be a bit healthier and I’ve been looking into ingredients that aren’t often used to make ‘sweet treats’ and one of these is the ever incredible – avocado (of which you can do SO MUCH WITH).
These absolutely gorgeous guilt-free chocolate and coffee truffles are insanely delicious, silky smooth and packed full of goodness – what could you possibly not like?
If you’re not big on the coffee, swap coffee for caramel or a cherry liqueur.
- 2 avocado’s (ripened and mashed)
- 100g of dairy-free milk chocolate
- 100g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 50g of Hotel Chocolat’s organic 65% supermilk vegan-friendly chocolate (optional)
- 2 tsp of coffee powder (ground) – you can add more if you want an extra coffee flavour!
- Two-three drops of Madagascan vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp.
- Cacao Powder
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil, then place a heat-proof bowl on top and then add the chocolate, coffee powder and vanilla and melt until smooth and runny.
- Once the chocolate is done, in a separate bowl, mash both the avocados until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the mashed avocado and mix until combined.
- Cover your bowl with clingfilm and pop in the freezer for an hour and 15 minutes to set.
- Get your bowl out of the freezer, and using a spoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into small balls and then roll in cacao powder until fully covered.
- Gobble them all up and/or share with a very, very close friend!
They can keep for up to around 3 days, but pop them in the fridge so they keep their texture and freshness.
Pleaseeee do follow me on my social pages too 🙂
I would love any comments so please do let me know what you think/if you use any of my recipes!!
Oh and all of my social media links are in the side bar as well 🙂 xxx
Please note – this is not a paid sponsorship.